Sonata Senior Living was an early adopter of internationally renowned dementia care expert Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care (PAC), which strives at all times to: Connect, Protect, Reflect, Engage and Respond.
The cornerstone of our memory care program, Positive Approach™ to Care is a unique, entertaining and energetic delivery system of caregiver education that explains the brain’s physical changes and why performing tasks, thinking, reasoning and processing becomes difficult for people with dementia.
Serenades by Sonata’s memory care specialists are certified PAC providers and we also have PAC trainers on staff who are authorized to train outside organizations and senior health professionals in the Positive Approach™ to Care, making the benefits of our expertise available to all seniors living with memory loss in the greater Central Florida area. Local Emergency Medical Service (EMS) crews, senior services groups, private family caregivers and others call on Serenades by Sonata when they want to create safe, enjoyable, meaningful days for those in their care.
The Positive Approach™ Helps Seniors Live It Up!℠
- Celebrating individuality and uniqueness of each person
- Using specific techniques that encourage resident participation in daily life
- Providing comprehensive understanding of dementia’s effects on brain function and behaviors
- Teaching caregivers effective management techniques for challenging behaviors and stress triggers
- Drawing on Teepa Snow’s Positive Physical Approach™ and Hand Under Hand™ supportive practices to optimize the safety and comfort of each resident
- Encouraging family members to be partners in their loved one’s care
For more information about Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care or Sonata’s PAC training program, contact the Serenades by Sonata community closest to you or visit TeepaSnow.com today!